Kathmandu / Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge
From Kathmandu, fly to Pokhara (3,000'), a town at the base of the Annapurnas. Transfer to Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge, an exclusive retreat set on a spectacular hilltop ridge a thousand feet above the Pokhara Valley. A stay here offers the opportunity to revel in magnificent panoramic views of the Annapurna skyline, including the fish-tailed peak of Machapuchare and three of the world’s 8,000-meter Himalayan peaks: Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, and Manaslu. The afternoon is free to relax or enjoy a hike in the area. Overnight at Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge...LD
Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge
Today, choose from full- or half-day guided hiking options, or non-hiking activities. Explore rhododendron and oak forests, farmlands, and gentle valleys, and visit villages where you’ll enjoy great cultural encounters—a highlight of your stay. Sightseeing, country drives, and spa services are also available. See details on Activity Options below. Overnight at Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge...BLD
Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge / Kathmandu
After breakfast and early morning activities, transfer to the airport for your return flight to Kathmandu...B
Day 2 Activity Options:
- Gurung Village Hike (full day 6-7 hours, with picnic lunch provided): Depart the lodge and hike along the ridge east of the lodge to the village of Kalikathan (Kali is one of the Hindu goddesses), then continue through beautiful forests interspersed with lovely Gurung villages. The Gurungs speak a Tibeto-Burmese language and many practice a Tibetan Buddhism faith that also has influences of the Hindu religion. Gurungs were one of the major groups from Nepal recruited into the British Gurkha Regiments. Enjoy an introduction to the Gurung culture in the village of Tulasor, or if you feel up to it, hike further to Lankachhar, another scenic village. From Tulasor or Lankachhar, descend a trail to the Bijaypur Khola riverbed, then ascend back to the lodge. An easier route can be followed via the village of Kafalbari, with plenty of time to admire the fabulous views of the valley below.
Bhimirepani Hike (approximately 3 hours): this gentle village and farmland walk brings you through the settlements of varied ethnic groups and castes on a relatively level trail without any steep climbs or descents. From the lodge, walk to the village of Sundar Gaun, through forests to Bhimirepani (good for birding), then through farmlands via Naraspur village back to the lodge.
- Bijaypur River Hike (approximately 3 hours): hike down from the lodge along the spur to the big bend in the Bijaypur River, then continue along the river bank to Sangako Mukh and climb up to Murali Chowk, where you are met for a 15-minute drive back to the lodge (or you can hike back up). This walk is good for morning birding and a return to the lodge in time for lunch.
- Shanti Stupa Hike (approximately 3 hours): drive from the lodge to Damside and hike up through Raniban to Shanti Stupa, a massive Buddhist stupa on a hilltop on the southern shores of Phewa Lake, with good views of the lake and the Annapurnas. Descend to the lakeshore and boat to Barahi Ghat, with time to shop before you are picked up for a drive back to the lodge. Extra transport cost: $25 per person.
- Austrian Camp/Dhampus/Phedi Hike (driving time is approximately 3 hours round-trip; total time is approximately 5 hours): drive from Pokhara to the village of Khande (5,900'), enjoying marvelous views of the Annapurna Himalaya. The hike begins at Khande and brings you up to Austrian Camp (6,400'), with beautiful views back down to the Pokhara Valley and Phewa Lake. Many species of birds are encountered here. Continue hiking down the ridge toward Dhampus village (6,000') through oak and rhododendron forest. From Dhampus, the trail becomes steeper as you hike up to Phedi village, passing through settlements of various ethnic groups and beautiful subtropical forest. You may see trekkers on the trail to Annapurna Base Camp here. From Phedi, return by car to Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge. Extra cost: $50 per person.
- Country Drives: drive along rural lanes, with options to visit local potters and other artisans in nearby areas such as the Hemja Valley, Sarankot, and Naudanda (all at extra cost, depending on drive).
- Spa Services: the lodge offers massages (Ayurvedic, Shiatsu, and Hara), yoga, as well as meditation services to help guests truly relax and unwind from the stresses of the modern world (all at extra cost, depending on activity).
- Pokhara Sightseeing: for those who would like to explore Pokhara town, this option allows a visit to the local market, the deep Seti River Gorge, Manhendra Cave, Hindu temples, Buddhist monasteries, and museums. You may also hire a local boat or dinghy for an hour’s ride on beautiful Phewa Lake, or stroll the lakeside for shopping. Extra transport cost: $45 per person.