Botswana’s diverse ecosystems are astoundingly beautiful, from the savannas and woodlands of magnificent Chobe National Park, sheltering the world’s largest herds of elephants, to the wildlife paradise of the Okavango Delta, an exquisite wetland of lagoons, channels, and islands surrounded by the Kalahari thirstlands. On this adventure, one of the last true mobile safaris in southern Africa, we track game by 4WD vehicle, by riverboat, and—a Botswana specialty—by mokoro (dugout canoe) in some of southern Africa—s most alluring landscapes. Experience Botswana on our Classic Safari or on one of our special seasonal expeditions that bring us deep into the hidden worlds of the Okavango Delta and the remote Kalahari Desert.
Botswana Wildlife Safari May-September, 13 days.
- A combination of lovely lodges and private mobile tented camps. No one else gets you this close to the action’and in such comfort!
- Expert Trip Leaders with a passion and a joy for creating an unforgettable safari
- Variety of habitats makes for fantastic wildlife viewing—from the extraordinary birdlife of the Okavango Delta to the thousands-strong elephants of Chobe National Park
- A bonus—experience Victoria Falls, one of the world’s most breathtaking natural wonders
- Small groups (maximum 10 trip members) ensure an intimate and unparalleled experience of the African wilds
- Private Botswana Journeys available—call for details
This was the trip of a lifetime. Every day was an unparalleled adventure, expertly arranged and professionally guided. The people, the land, and the animals of Botswana came alive for us and will live in our memories and in our hearts for all our days.Eva D., Makawao, HI
Three additional safaris to choose from:
June 29-July 14, 2014
Features extended explorations in the Okavango Delta. 16 days.
March 7-22 & April 5-20, 2014
Includes 3 days gameviewing in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, with its unique desert wildlife. 16 days.
Kalahari San Tribe Expedition
March 6-22, 2015
Features an incredible week in the world of the San tribes, skilled hunter-gatherers of the Kalahari. 17 days.