Imagine getting close to Africa’s iconic animals—close enough to feel the thundering beat of elephant feet as they walk and hear a lion’s yawn as you both watch the sun melt into the horizon. This is Botswana. Rich in wildlife and filled with raw encounters. For nearly four decades, we’ve planned and perfected unique adventures that bring you to remote and remarkable settings without another traveler in sight. On this journey, one of the last true mobile safaris in southern Africa that places you in the heart of the action, track game by 4WD vehicle, by riverboat, and—a Botswana specialty—by mokoro (dugout canoe). From the savannas and woodlands of magnificent Chobe National Park, sheltering the world’s largest herds of elephants, to the World Heritage Site of the Okavango Delta, an exquisite wetland cradled by the Kalahari sands, Botswana will satisfy your thirst for adventure. This is safari the way it was meant to be—perfectly paced, with room for wild encounters.
Jun 12-21, 2016
Sep 4-13, 2016
- Variety of habitats makes for fantastic birding and wildlife viewing—from giraffes, zebras, and hippos to lions, leopards, cheetahs, and more!
- Spectacular lodges and exclusive private mobile tented camps. No one else gets you this close to the action—and in such comfort!
- Expert Trip Leaders with a passion and a joy for creating an unforgettable safari
- Extend your adventure to Victoria Falls, one of the world’s most breathtaking natural wonders
- Small groups (maximum 10 trip members) ensure an intimate and unparalleled experience of the African wilds
- Private Journeys available—call for details!
Early Sign-up Discount!
Take advantage of special savings with a
$500 discount per person for all 2016 departures!
Limited to the first six sign-ups per departure.
Three additional safaris to choose from:
Jun 26-Jul 9, 2016; Aug 21-Sep 3, 2016
Features extended explorations in the Okavango Delta.
Apr 10-23, 2016; Apr 9-22, 2017
Includes 3 days game viewing in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, with its unique desert wildlife.
Kalahari San Tribe Expedition
Mar 4-20, 2016
Features an incredible week in the world of the San tribes, skilled hunter-gatherers of the Kalahari.